Scrambled Tofu Toast
This recipe serves 2 people. The scramble can be stored in the fridge up to one week. You can also find this recipe in the Fivesec Health App.
Why scrambled tofu instead of eggs? Read my post here about why you should not eat eggs.
- 250g firm tofu
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp plant milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp turmeric, ground
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.25 tsp cayenne, ground
- 0.25 tsp white pepper
- 4 whole grain toast
For the topping
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 0.5 spring onion
- Start with crumble the tofu with the help of a fork
- Add the crumbled tofu together with spices and water into a non-stick cooking pan
- On medium heat stir to coat the tofu with all of the spices and let it simmar until the water is gone
- In meanwhile, chop the tomatoes and spring onion and set aside
- When the water is gone, turn the heat to low and add the plant milk, stir to combine and then turn off the heat
- Serve the scrambled tofu on toasted whole grain bread and top with the tomatoes and chopped spring onion!