The Best Plant Based Pad Thai
Have you ever longed for the perfect Pad Thai? I have.. until now. This plant based and of course vegan Pad Thai is so amazing, delicious and mind blowing! The creaminess from a peanut butter based sauce combined with some heat and coriander.. need I say more?
Just try this one for me, otherwise you will miss something out. If you scroll down, you will find the recipe! And if you visit my Instagram @fivesechealth ou can see an instruction video :)
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 180g rice noodles
- 200g Tofu (crumbled)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup scallions
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1 handful fresh coriander
For the Sauce:
- 2 lime (juice)
- 1tbsp sambal olek
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tbsp minced ginger
- 4tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1tbsp agave syrup
- 2tbsp organic peanut butter
- Start by making the rice noodles according to the package.
- Then start by making the Pad Thai sauce. Put all of the sauce ingredients in a blender and mix until it’s smooth. Set aside.
- Use a deep frying or wook pan. On full heat, cook the garlic, scallions and bel pepper in some water until slightly soft.
- Add the crumbled tofu and bean sprouts. Cook on medium heat until the bean sprouts are slightly soft, add some more water if the pan is dry.
- Now add the sauce into the pan and stir until everything is covered in sauce.
- Add the rice noodles and mix everything until noodles are covered in everything.
- Now take the pan of the heat and serve on plates. Top with some chopped peanuts, chili and coriander. Enjoy!