Simple Vegan Sour Cream
So.. I'm a sauce person. I like my food creamy and juicy. This "sour cream" is PERFECT to use as topping on tacos, salads, soups etc. Also just add a herb or two to make it suit your dish. The best part is that this can be stored in your fridge for one week, so go ahead and make a big batch of it!
A few tips before you get started: you can quick soak the cashew nuts in boiling water for 15 minutes. You can make the cashew sour cream thicker by adding less water but be aware that it will thicken up a bit in the fridge. You will need a small high speed blender or a bigger high speed blender (like Vitamix, Omniblend, Blendtec), it will not be as smooth in a food processor.
Vegan Sour Cream
Ingredients, 1 jar (about 2+ cups)
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts (then soak in boiling water for 15 min)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Make sure your cashew nuts are soaked
- Add all the ingredients in a high speed blender (a small or big one, will not work in a food processor)
- Transfer the vegan sour cream to a jar with an air tight lid and store in your fridge
- Drizzle away! I like this especially on tacos and soups :)